Tuesday 18 February 2014

D.I.Y Coffee Scrub


Lately I've been seeing a lot of hype about the FRANK BODY COFFEE SCRUB its suppose to reduces the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks. I was on their website having a look around and I seen the list of ingredients and they looked way to simple to be paying all that money for their product. So I done a little research and found an extremely quick and simple recipe that will give you the same amazing results as the FRANK BODY COFFEE SCRUB without the price tag and all the products you need are in your kitchen.  
                                                               
Ingredients
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- olive oil, almond oil or jojoba oil

Method
Mix Coffee and sugar in bowl and add 1 tablespoon of oil to start, keep adding a little bit at a time until mixture is combined to your preferred consistency, I like mine just damp enough to spread. This mixture will be enough for one or two applications. Keep in an air tight container.

 If you have fresh ground coffee i recommend using that you can even use used ones after making your coffee. Fresh coffee grinds are suppose to contain more antioxidants and all those good things that are going to help your skin. I used Nescafe Blend 43 as that's what i had in my kitchen but any type of coffee you have is going to work as they all contain caffeine and antioxidants that are going to smooth out those lumps and bumps and reduce stretch marks.


Its best to wash your body with your everyday body wash to remove all the dirt from your skin so the coffee can be absorbed straight into your skin. Let the scrub absorb into your skin for around 5mins so it has time to do its thing. I recommend staying in your shower for those 5mins as it can get very messy as you can see from the picture of my shower floor. Be very gentle if applying to your face, my skin is very sensitive so i just patted it on and be sure to avoid your eyes. I highly suggest tying your hair up before applying your scrub especially if you have blonde hair as its getting messy.

Have fun scrubbing away all those lumps bumps and stretch marks while enjoying the yummy smell of coffee. For the best results scrub once or twice a week and don't forget to always moisturise after a good scrub.

Josie Rose. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment